Wednesday, September 23, 2009

How does a 15 year old in Texas say Mom I Love You….

By stabbing mom in the back of course, and yes I mean literally stabbing mom in the back.

Police have arrested a 15 year old boy in Grapevine, Texas after he stabbed his mother in the back with a 6 inch kitchen knife.

The mom and son got into an argument and apparently the teen wanted to convince mom the argument was over and decided to apologize and hug his mom.

Once he got mom in a hug, he stabbed her in the back.

Mom was then able to run into her bedroom and lock the door. From the safety of her bedroom she was able to call 911.

Mom was transported to the hospital and treated for non life threatening injuries.

The 15 year old has been charged as a juvenile for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

Of course since he was charged as a juvenile, his name has not been released.

Reading news reports of stories like this make me wonder what is going on in that household to make a 15 year old want to stab his mom in the back.

Not that we will probably know anything more about this case since they charged him as a juvenile but it would be interesting to know more about what was happening in that household.

Is it a case of a teenager just being out of control? Is it a case of poor parental guidance?
Is there abuse in the household? Does the child have psychological problems? Who knows, I don’t understand cases like this at all.

I know growing up there were times mom made me mad or upset, but never once did I ever think of harming my own mother.

Of course I grew up in a different time it seems. When I was growing up I was taught respect of my parents and my elders. That respect has been thrown by the way side in this day and age.

Even with my teenager at home and some of the problems we have encountered, he still knows better than to ever even try something like this. I just cannot understand a case like this at all.

All we can do is say “God Bless Texas”

No comments: