Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Polk County Deputy Arrested.



James Pruitt, 37, a Deputy Sheriff at Polk County Sheriff’s Department has been arrested for DUI.

Pruitt was arrested when he was found passed out behind the wheel of his car. The motor was still running.

Other Deputies had to perform field sobriety test on one of their own and it was reported that Pruitt failed those field sobriety test and was taken to the Polk County Jail.

Leave it to the Polk County Sheriff, strict enforcement even for a deputy. Pruitt was suspended without pay until the investigation is complete.

I would think the investigation is complete since he was arrested and taken to jail, maybe they should have posted he has been suspended pending the outcome of his trial.

For once you don’t see a public safety official being suspended with pay until the outcome, paying someone for violating the law drives me crazy and I think it should never happen.

But that’s just my thoughts… Doesn't mean you have to agree with me, but after all this is my blog and place for me to post my thoughts....

No comments: